Yesterday’s daily prompt is a simple question:
If you could get all the nutrition you needed in a day with a pill — no worrying about what to eat, no food preparation — would you do it?
- For starters, I take so many pills anyway that I wouldn’t want to take any more unless strictly necessary.
- I PROPER LOVE my food. I love choosing it, unless excessively tired, I love eating it, and I often love preparing it, again depending on how tired I am.
- I would miss the taste of so many things; melting chocolate, freshly baked bread, toast dripping with melting butter, roast chicken, garlic bread, most forms of desert I can think of. I could go on…!
- I would miss the occasion of a meal out, or a meal someone else has cooked for me as everything tastes better when you didn’t have to cook it yourself!
- Some years ago, I had to have a huge operation, before which the surgeon and his team were considering inserting a feeding tube as they didn’t know if i would be able to cope with food. Having had to consider it, and avoiding it, I never want to take food for granted again.
- I can see that, for busy people, an option of a meal replacement tablet might be highly desirable as it would optimise the rest of their time. Perhaps something like that is possible in my life-time. However, for me, it would take a way a significant part of my life. I do a lot of my socialising with coffee and a biscuit or a slice of cake in front of me, with two forks, so myself and a friend can have half each. Somehow it doesn’t feel quite so fattening that way!
Over to you:
If you could take a meal-replacement tablet, would you do it? If so, why, or why not?