I had to read today’s daily prompt a couple of times to get sense out of it. I ended up looking it up as I had never heard it. On the same site was a massive list of all possible clichés, ever with country of origin and its popular meaning. Still no inspiration, so I started to think about the original phrase.
I couldn’t relate to it because I couldn’t think of any recent opportunities, no list because I thought of it meaning you were better sticking with the job you had instead of fighting for a promotion that may never happen. Anyone with any sense of ambition surely woyld not stick to this? Then it hit me. That’s what benefit claimants who could be working do. Stick with the opportunities benefits gives them rather than search for a job which may not materialise and may not have the same income. So they stay stuck. Someone needs to boot them up the backside then?! That’s an opportunity worth volunteering for! !
What are you looking for? Search here!
- RT @Chris72600702: Said nobody in the east end of Glasgow ever. http://t.co/pxenKTMmbv 20 hours ago
- RT @Pointless_Alias: I couldn't believe what I saw on @C4Countdown today, it was just bang out of order. http://t.co/msmjNitsJD 20 hours ago
- RT @Luke_Houghton: only true 90s kids will remember this http://t.co/XVk063i3U9 1 day ago
- RT @empressburger: I am 87% sure my local paper doesn't know how pie charts work. http://t.co/TFAogiJVOB 1 day ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 4 New Followers, 1 Mentions, 11K Mention Reach, 6 Retweets. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 1 day ago
I talk most about:#spoonie accessibility baking BBC benefits Bible big bible blogging cake care carers cerebral palsy channel 4 Childhood children Christian Christianity Chronic pain coffee compassion daily post dailypost daily prompt dancing David Cameron debates digidisciple disability DLA DPchallenge faith falling family fatigue Five minute Friday food friends friendship God government Grandparents gratitude Health Heaven illness independence Jesus joy Love memories news pain paralympics people PIP postaday prayer reading Relationships rest school sleep solitude sport story strength suffering the Bible thought-life travel twitter universal credit welfare state wheelchair writing
Top Posts & Pages
Blogs I Follow
- Having a word with myself
- Steadfast Reflections
- So Bad Ass
- The long chain
- Anglican Memes
- My Brain Lesion and Me
- Scope's Blog
- Tanya Marlow - Thorns and Gold
- alicia reagan
- Fitting in and standing out?
- In Brokenness Complete
- The Hardest Hit
- Raising 5 Kids With Disabilities and Remaining Sane Blog
- The never ending headache
- Good Morning Jesus
- 8,888 hits