At first, I had some difficulty thinking of a particular skill for today’s daily prompt. Then it hit me. I have always always I want to be able to dance. I remember school discos in embarrassment. Scottish country dancing practice in physical education was much worse as I was forced 2 dance with my 121 helpers when the whole thing was difficult enough. This was a reminder of just how uncoordinated I was. On top of that none of the boys would dance with me.
This didn’t change much as I got older. While I was at university I went to so many ceilidhs that to my surprise, I I began to learn steps. The encouragement of most of the boys was an added bonus. Each time I danced with on ofthem often they would slow their pace and tell me I was doing great. Meanwhile, the other girls would be spun around at breakneck speed, often hurtling to the floor, resulting in ‘Chinese burns on their arms.
Many years have passed and I have gradually forgotten the steps. Fortunately occasions when I need them are few and far between these days. I would still love to be able to dance properly. Several years ago I was at a conference where there was a teenage dance group. One of the girls was partially disabled as a consequence of physical abuse. However, she danced so fluently and with such skill that you soon forgot her disability and l was left awestruck. Her perfomace was the highlight of the day for many and left them in tears. How I longed to be able to dance like her.
This longing have never left me but surprisingly increased as the years have passed. I am comforted by the fact that one day Jesus will give me a new body. I will never feel any pain or age and will have no limitations. I cannot wait for that day when I will finally now what it feels like to be able to dance like that. I cannot wait. Of course Jesus gets the first dance!
What are you looking for? Search here!
- I just supported Crohn's thndr.me/dMadQ8 5 hours ago
- RT @PeoplesNHS: "I want the government to protect the #NHS from TTIP." Anne-Marie Duff, Suffragette star #Suffragette #noTTIP RT https://… 1 day ago
- RT @PeoplesNHS: France to pull out of #TTIP "secretive" negotiations favouring USA interests. UK Gov silent bit.ly/1QIfnWg https:/… 1 day ago
- RT @andysgilbert: Forgiveness didn't begin when you felt guilty but when God sent His Son to the cross. #GiveYourBurdensToHim 2 days ago
- RT @MMMeesh_: Stop striving to be like the world when God called you to be different... 2 days ago
I talk most about:#spoonie accessibility baking BBC benefits Bible big bible blogging cake care carers cerebral palsy channel 4 Childhood children Christian Christianity Chronic pain coffee compassion daily post dailypost daily prompt dancing David Cameron debates digidisciple disability DLA DPchallenge faith falling family fatigue Five minute Friday food friends friendship God government Grandparents gratitude Health Heaven illness independence Jesus joy Love memories news pain paralympics people PIP postaday prayer reading Relationships rest school sleep solitude sport story strength suffering the Bible thought-life travel twitter universal credit welfare state wheelchair writing
Top Posts & Pages
Blogs I Follow
- Having a word with myself
- Steadfast Reflections
- So Bad Ass
- The long chain
- Anglican Memes
- My Brain Lesion and Me
- Scope's Blog
- Tanya Marlow - Thorns and Gold
- alicia reagan
- Fitting in and standing out?
- In Brokenness Complete
- The Hardest Hit
- Raising 5 Kids With Disabilities and Remaining Sane Blog
- The never ending headache
- Good Morning Jesus
- 8,885 hits